This week’s Listography from Kate Takes 5 is favorite kids movies. This is a tough one. Mostly because I’ve seen so many kids movies so many times that I’ve ceased to like them them quite as much and simultaneously because there are WAY more than 5 kids movies that I love.
- Beauty and the Beast: Was my favorite movie growing up. I loved the songs, the beauty of France, the courage of Belle.
- Ratatouille: I love how he describes food, how he tries to show his friends what non garbage tastes like.
- Megamind: This was the first movie that I was really excited when it was going to come out in theaters with Bear. We had seen commercials for it and we anxiously awaited it to come out. At the ZooBoo we got Megamind masks, at McDonalds there were happy meal toys. I was so hyped up about it and I didn’t think the movie disappointed.
- Nightmare before Christmas: This was Bear’s favorite movie for a long time. It goes with his love of Halloween. I grew to love it too. The music, the creepiness of it, the imagination.
- 101 Dalmatians: An oldie, but a goodie. I have always loved animals and on some level want to believe that there is an all dog alert out there when dogs go missing.
Shout Outs to: Little Mermaid, Lion King, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc, The Incredibles, and Lady & the Tramp and probably a million other Disney/Pixar movies I’m forgetting. I specifically did not list Harry Potter because I don’t consider it a kids movie despite the fact that Bear has actually seen all of them. He’s seen Law and Order too but I don’t consider that a kid show either.