It’s that time of year: when you make promises and wishes for the new year and most likely do not follow through. What? I’m just being realistic!
Mine are in keeping with what I imagine everyone says, “lose weight, save money, pay down debt.” However, I’d like to make it a little more practical so I’m going to break it down to tangible goals similar to my attempt last year until I got pregnant and threw my resolutions to the wind.
- Get back to pre-pregnancy weight.
- Goal: Last time I weighed myself (which was awhile ago) this would mean losing 15 lbs.
- Deadline: I’d like to do this by bikini season ideally July when I go to Orlando for a conference.
- Action Steps: Means stop snacking on random shit, stop drinking coke, eat normal sized portions. (This will be applied after tomorrow’s Fogo de Chao devouring).
- Goal: Possibly run half marathon with @zwjohnson
- Deadline: Monthly
- Action Steps: Go to the gym 12 x every month for Medica discount.
- Financial/ Career
- Goal: Don’t accrue any new debt and attempt to pay off existing. Adding $1,860 in monthly daycare expenses means paying down debt ceases to be a realistic possibility as all my money will go towards daycare expenses.
- Action Steps: Use refund money to pay off windows and fridge. Stay in the Green for budget! Have a garage sale this summer. Ask for raise at January performance review. Look for new jobs.
- Take better care of my dogs
- Action Steps: Take to dog park more frequently, run around the block with them, leave Kong filled with treats to prevent boredom.
- Be a better Parents and apply some of these Mommy Resolutions
- Action Steps:
- Play with Bear every day (and Bella too)
- Make sure Bear washes his hands before eating (we’re terrible about remembering that)
- Bear should watch less tv (or movies)
- At least once a week family dinner
- We should also bathe the kids more often
- Have Bear clean up his room before bedtime
- Start bedtime routine with Bella
- Have Bella sleep in crib not swing for daytime naps
- Action Steps:
- Me and The H Time
- Goal: Spend time with the H not watching TV, without the kids or friends
- Action Steps: The H possibly accompany me to Orlando for conference, Mexico in December for 5 year wedding anniversary. Scatter some date nights throughout the year. (And actually go somewhere not have McDonalds and watch TV, or hang out with Friends.
Find a way to logistically have another baby in 2012 or 2013:
Current plan is to try in January, February and March of 2012 and if we don’t succeed try again after my 28th birthday. I really don’t want to be pregnant on my golden birthday (no idea why this is important to me) so i’d need to have a baby before or after.
- This would require us getting a minivan (we’ll be done paying off the Subaru February 2012 and the Deathmobile is well the Deathmobile)
- We would need to make the basement office a livable room and move Bear there or the kids would need to share a room or we’d share a room with baby or most unlikely move to a bigger house.
- Would like to have no debt at this time.
- End of 2012 Bear would be in school so we’d have 2 in daycare (not 3!)
- We would have had a year with no car payments (though I imagine minivan costs much more than our Subaru Forester also assumes Deathmobile can make it this long)
- Hopefully we’ll both have raises/new jobs at this time.
- Very dependent on how 2011 goes financially…